Thursday, December 31, 2009

Technology Promotes Laziness

I was on my way home from my sisters place in San Diego last night when I heard a radio commercial... it went something like this...

"On my cell phone, you have to unlock it, then find the contact person in the phone book, or input a phone number, then press send. Who has time to do that when you've been involved in a car accident? With OnStar, once you have been involved in an accident, OnStar will call etc etc etc..."

So instead of 2 seconds worth of work, I should be paying $18.95 to $28.90 a month?! Really? Like, um, really? Really?!?!!!

This commercial reminded me of how much I hate technology. Don't get me wrong, some things have made life easier and has done great things for mankind, but some things are unnecessary and only promote laziness. Think about all the 'technological' things that you own and figure out how lazy you have gotten because of it.

How often have you drove to the store that is only a few blocks away, instead of walking there?

No comments:

Post a Comment