Friday, November 27, 2009

Choosing an Undergraduate Major...

I'm stuck! I'm 99% sure that I have, after 27 years, decided on what type of career I want to get into. I want to become a Psychiatrist, yep, that means Med school. I never thought I would ever go to Med school but after hours and hours upon hours of researching I realized Psychiatry is just something that will come naturally.

But there's a dilemma... I don't know what to Major in for my Undergraduate degree! GrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRrrrrrrrr! It's so frustrating! I have been researching and the requirements for Med schools doesn't have anything to do with Undergrad Majors. There are other requirements though. But the fact that I can choose any major sucks! I don't want it to be so mundane that I just dread school... but also I want to complete it ASAP! I've been looking at curriculum after curriculum after curriculum only to get more and more frustrated with this process!!!!!!!!! But, then again... i guess a few days or weeks out of my life is worth the fact that I will not be regretting my decision.

I also picked this up through http://www.testq.com/education/quizzes

We think you’re the kind of person who’d enjoy a college major that’s an intellectual extreme sport. Flattery? Hardly. You’re smarter than you think. Probably more comfortable with ideas than anything else, so you might be a great match for an exciting college experience with a major that appeals to your analytical side and talent for independent thinking.

So you should consider majoring in thought-heavy fields like Philosophy, where you can take a wide number of topics and push them to the limit, and Mathematics, where you’ll really get a chance to put that amazing brain of yours to the test with numbers and theories. You could even try challenging your mind majoring in a foreign language or in History.

Word of Advice: If a certain action or reaction can effect the rest of your life, take some time to think about how to react to it. A few minutes, days, weeks, months, or years you take to think about it justifiable. What's years compared to your whole life? Each year is only a fraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment